So I totally forgot to write something for last week. I am gonna update every Sunday. Sooo I will just post about last week now and this week tomorrow. Sounds good!!

So the first week was very very hard for me. I felt so clueless and alone. But I was able to make friends. Thank GOODNESS that all norwegians know english! I was able to get to know people even though i only knew basic basic norwegian. good stuff.
On Tuesday we went on a trip to the mountains! We went to a small town (small even for norway) called Hemsedal. It was BEAUTIFUL! I have pictures up on my facebook. I took a lot. maybe too many....naw. The first day we had a bunch of initiatives in groups. It was good, cuz it forced us to meet people outside of our lines. And it was a lot of fun. The next day we went climbing in the mountains. There were 4 trips, 1=easy and 4=most difficult. I went on the 2nd one to the top of a water fall. It was BEAUTIFUL! Some of my group stopped at the water fall, but I went on with another part of my group up higher it the mountains. The view was stunning. Then a group turned back around and another group continued on. We went around the lake that provided the water for the falls. That was fun, but the Director of the school was leading that and he walked very fast. I felt like i was running. We left for home (Hedmarktoppen that is) the next morning. It was quite fun, but it was super nice to be back.
Class started on Friday. In class I was scared to death that my teacher hated me because I could not speak more English. But the I was able to talk to her about my fears and we got that all straightened out. She said she does not mind at ALL that i need translation. she just wants to encourage me to learn. which i understand.

everybody is very supportive with the learning norwegian thing. I still feel super stupid, but they say i am learning at a good pace. I feel like a cheat every time i speak english or let someone speak english to me. but i do need to develop friendships as well. it's all kinda confusing.

In general the first week as very hard, but the Lord got me though it. He is giving me the grace everyday to help me learn norwegian. I owe a lot to him.

thanks for your prayers and your love!!

1 Response to " "

  1. Moradiserutsomenfis Says:

    haha, Ireland xD

Post a Comment